One of the most interesting things I’m already learning from my Reader Survey that two-thirds of you haven’t read my book, Offbeat Bride: Creative Alternatives For Independent Brides!
I’ve been wondering why I get so many advice questions asking me things like “Should we just have two weddings?” (it’s in the book) and “How can gently give my guests suggestions for how to dress?” (it’s in the book) and “Do other people deal with post-wedding depression?” (it’s in the book!) … and now I know.
It’s a painful irony for me as an author: I set up offbeatbride.com to promote Offbeat Bride, and now it turns out that almost 70% of my readers opt for the marketing materials instead of the book itself! Ack. Despite having Offbeat Bride‘s cover and sale link on every page on the site, I’m doing something very wrong.
I’m assuming you’re all thinking “Why read the book when I’ve got the website?” and so I now present to you:
Top 10 Reasons You Should Read Offbeat Bride The Book, And Not Just offbeatbride.com:
- You want to know what one word can diffuse most family drama (page 123)
- You want to know how to save money by starting your own wedding co-op (page 77)
- You’re looking for the whole story about why my mom was talking about “Humanure” the night before our wedding (page 141)
- Because you want to know the one question you should ask anyone you’re considering as a wedding photographer (page 151)
- You want to know how to deal with stoners at your wedding reception (page 179)
- You want to read the world’s only wedding book that includes the phrase “ass-fucking”
- You need to know what information you should put on your “wedsite” (page 37)
- You want to know what one article of wedding attire you should never drive in (page 49)
- You’re curious about post-wedding depression and the frustration of “getting wifed” (page 202)
- Because you love this website and you want to express your thanks to the woman who makes it happen. 🙂
…Did I convince you? If so, the book is on sale! Alternately, you could add the book to your Christmas wishlist. Since it’s only $11 on Amazon, it makes for an inexpensive gift that’s easy to give (and receive).
I’ll also open this question up to the one-third of you who’ve read the book: Why do YOU think offbeatbride.com readers should read Offbeat Bride the book?