Today is #GivingTuesday, a day fully centered on helping others through the use of our time, voice, and the power of our purchase. We love the heart behind this day to kick off a season of giving, so we’ve put together a gift guide full of super rad gifts that go beyond just that—they support refugees, create jobs, empower women, and more! These are just a few of our favorite products, but click around to get to know these amazing brands and their impact on the world!
1. Phoenix Soul Shapers Tee (Unisex) $35 — If you didn’t know, Jen + Jason and their two daughters were evacuated from their home during the Woolsey Fire this month. We are SO thankful their home still stands, but our hearts our with those who lost everything. This cause is near and dear to GWS, and 100% of the proceeds from this rad shirt will be donated to those affected about the Northern CA campfire and Southern CA Woolsey Fire.
2. Sydney Hale Bourbon and Brown Sugar Candle ($30) — Every purchase from Sydney Hale helps ensure pups have a warm and safe place to sleep!
3. ABLE Initial Necklace ($44) — This female-led brand helps women from all over find sustainable jobs.
4. A Bottle of Cheer from ONEHOPE (starting at $20) — You can’t go wrong with wine + bubbles, especially when those bottles provides global health care, homes for shelter animals, meals for children, life-saving vaccines and much more.
5. Beans from Generous Coffee Co. ($15.99) — Whether its jobs for women or education for children, Generous Coffee Co. starts with giving back.
6. Mudcloth Pillows ($80) and Homewares from JOJI — Every purchase from JOJI empowers local artisans and gives them a place in the global market.
7. Constellation Hoodie from Ten Tree ($68) — With a goal to to become the most environmentally progressive brand on the planet, ten trees are planted with every purchase from Ten Tree!
8. Two-Tone Leather V Boot from Sseko ($249.99) — This perfect boot is handmade in Peru with a timeless silhouette. Sseko Designs uses fashion to create opportunity for women globally.
9. Mini Key Multi Charm Necklace from The Giving Keys ($48) — Every purchase from The Giving Keys creates jobs in Downtown Los Angeles for those transitioning out of homelessness!
10. This is About Humanity Candle from The Little Market ($30) — For every purchase of this candle, TLM founders will donate the proceeds to three nonprofits working closely to meet the needs of separated families through organizations that support legal services, policies, advocacy, and education for migrants and children.
11. Kids Jewelry Kit from 31 Bits ($42) — This cute jewelry set (and ever piece by 31 Bits) is thoughtfully designed and ethically made by artisans around the world.
Find out more about #GivingTuesday and how to get involved in your local community here. One easy way to take it one step further is to create a fundraiser on Facebook encouraging friends + family to support the causes that mean the most to you. Facebook is partnering with PayPal to match a total of up to $7 million in donations made on Facebook to eligible US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits for #GivingTuesday!! It’s so overwhelming to know how to step in and help but we have the power to make a difference so let’s do our part!
See more from all our 2018 Gift Guides here.